Learn more about our brand new Young Stewards program, which offers paid and unpaid stewardship opportunities for ages 14 to 25.
Are you looking to foster a love of the land in Sonoma County through community service or an internship? As an intern on our Sonoma County preserves, you will get a chance to work closely with our fun, bold, and people-powered organization!
Intern task and responsibilities may include:
- Natural resource management
- Land restoration
- Leading volunteer stewardship workdays.
- Wildlife camera monitoring
- Invasive species removal
- Trail building and maintenance
- Data entry and information management
- GPS mapping
- Native seed collection
- Learn how to plan and facilitate a volunteer workday
Interns are required to have the following:
- Ability to work at least 8 hours a week for at least 3 months.
- Ability to hike at least five miles over uneven terrain carrying heavy tools in possible inclement weather.
- Must have appropriate field clothing; long pants, sturdy shoes, hat, sunglasses, etc.
- Able to work alone without supervision.
- Possession of a driver’s license and vehicle preferred, but not necessary.
- Comfortable speaking in front of small groups of people.
Youth Programs Internship
Thanks for your interest. More information coming soon!