JOB TITLE: Development Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt
HOURS: 40 hours per week
SALARY: Depends on Experience; Competitive Benefits Package
REPORTS TO: Programs Director
LandPaths seeks an individual with a passion for building a diverse, healthy and whole community connected with the land. The ideal candidate is driven, energetic and creative, excels in an active work environment, committed to equity in access to nature, and loves people and the outdoors. The Development Manager will provide leadership and expertise in all areas of fundraising and understands how to successfully build fundraising initiatives aligned with LandPaths’ mission. The ideal candidate will bring a keen awareness of current and changing fundraising trends and best practices.
The Development Manager will be LandPaths’ fundraising strategist and one of two primary relationship-builders, working with a small team to solicit support for programs and the organization as a whole. The Development Manager will be an engaged leading member of the fundraising team, which includes the Executive Director, Programs Director, Communications Lead, and the Board of Directors Fundraising Committee. The Development Manager will lead the fundraising team in the goal-setting and planning, implementation and evaluation of all LandPaths’ campaigns, events, and other fundraising efforts. The Development Manager is responsible for high touch individual philanthropic and corporate donor stewardship and recognition strategies. They will interact regularly with major donors, and create and sustain strong relationships and partnerships based around shared vision and values. Additionally, the Development Manager is responsible for channeling the talents of staff and volunteers to increase effective participation in fundraising.
- Develop and implement annual and multi-year fundraising vision and strategy;
- Develop fundraising materials—from donor letters to social media—including ‘calls to action,’ working in partnership with the Communications Lead;
- Active participation in the organizational leadership and communications teams;
- Become knowledgeable and conversant in all aspects of LandPaths’ mission, strategic plan, preserves and community programs;
- Facilitate and support engagement of the Board FUNdraising Committee;
- Develop and steward donor relationships;
- Develop and implement a grants strategy.
Implementation & Administration
- Ensure teams have the knowledge and ability to succeed in fundraising efforts;
- Coordinate planning and implementation of high-touch donor cultivation including recognition, events and benefits;
- Direct annual and targeted campaigns including Year-end appeal, Camps Campaign, Harvest Festival sponsorship and fundraising campaign;
- Grow and maintain a corporate giving program;
- Monitor budgets;
- Produce accurate and timely reports;
- Support the Executive Director with fundraising activities;
- Support tracking and reporting of programmatic outputs and outcomes, grant deliverables, and narrative stories to highlight organizational and programmatic impact and accomplishments;
- Direct grant development, working with independent grants writer.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
A successful candidate will likely have significant experience with fundraising, including the following qualifications:
- Five years or more experience with fundraising;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience with social media, databases, online and print communications;
- Experience planning and implementing intimate and larger outdoor events;
- Detail-oriented, well organized;
- Strong communication skills: articulate with a proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively;
- Bi-lingual and/or have significant cross-cultural experience or understanding;
- Experience in understanding issues around power and privilege;
- College degree or relevant work experience.
A successful candidate will embrace LandPaths’ values and culture, including the following:
- Shares LandPaths’ values, inclusive of our commitment to fairness and equity;
- Thrives in a creative, problem- solving atmosphere of shared leadership and a desire to have a positive impact;
- Enjoys learning and supporting the work of others;
- Works best in busy work environment, managing multiple variables with divergent goals;
- Possesses high integrity and strong commitment to program and organizational goals;
- Demonstrates confidence in area of expertise, and flexible, able to engage with new ideas and approaches;
- Enjoys and contributes to a positive work environment;
- Patient with process and impatient for progress;
- Willingness to engage with and work to address issues of power, privilege as well as diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
LandPaths’ compensation includes health and dental benefits, retirement savings, and generous paid leave package. The specific compensation package is determined by position and experience.
Interested applicants should send a BRIEF AND SPECIFIC cover letter (including salary expectations), resume, and writing sample to LandPaths ~ attn: HR, 618 4th Street, Suite 217, Santa Rosa, CA 95404 or email@example.com.