JOB TITLE: Bilingual Executive Administrative Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
HOURS: 40 Hours per week; Occasional Weekend and Evening Hours Required
SALARY: Depends on Experience; Competitive Benefits Package
REPORTS TO: Finance and Administration Director
LandPaths seeks an individual with a passion for building a diverse, healthy and whole community connected with the land. The ideal candidate takes initiative, is driven, energetic, creative and excels in an active work environment. The Bilingual Executive Administrative Specialistwill provide support to the day-to-day operations of LandPaths, with an emphasis on data entry and calendar management. Approximately 50% of this position is dedicated to supporting the Executive Team. The Bilingual Executive Administrative Specialist will be an active, engaged member of the “Finance and Administration Team,” participating in successful leadership across programs.
- Become trained on NEON database – provide data entry of cash receipts and volunteer hours; manage event/outing reservations;
- Become knowledgeable and conversant in all aspects of LandPaths’ mission, strategic plan, preserves and community programs;
- Serve as the first conduit in answering and/or directing inquiries to relevant staff;
- Prepare donation acknowledgements;
- Order office supplies and help secure gear and equipment for all programs;
- Communicate and coordinate with office volunteers;
- Prepare staff meeting agendas and transcribe meeting minutes;
- Support board meeting preparation including binders, email reminders, snacks;
- Front desk activities including answering telephone and email inquiries, greeting visitors, opening and distributing mail;
- Provide support to the Executive Team, with an emphasis on calendar management;
- Support various program/event activities; includes shopping for supplies and helping assemble gear;
- Office errands including post office, bank, printer, and donation pick-ups;
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
A successful candidate will likely have significant experience supporting office administration, including the following qualifications:
- Experience working with volunteers;
- Experience working/volunteering in a non-profit environment;
- Strong people and customer service skills;
- Strong data entry skills and experience;
- Strong computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge of office equipment; ability to troubleshoot;
- Detail oriented, well organized; problem solver;
- Calendar management skills;
- Strong communication skills: articulate with proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively;
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish; having a significant cross-cultural experience or understanding a plus;
- HS diploma or equivalent, some college and/or relevant work experience.
A successful candidate will embrace LandPaths’ values and culture, including the following:
- Align with LandPaths’ values, inclusive of our commitment to fairness and equity;
- Curious; enjoys learning and supporting the work of others;
- Works best in busy work environment, managing multiple variables with divergent goals;
- Excels in a strong team centered work environment, while able to work independently;
- Enjoys contributing to a learning culture and positive work environment.
Interested applicants should send a BRIEF AND SPECIFIC cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume to LandPaths ~ attn: HR, 618 4th Street, Suite 217, Santa Rosa, CA 95404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.