Important Covid-19 documents. All potential stewardship volunteers must read and sign (if applicable) these documents before the volunteer day.
Dear LandPaths Community,
Thank you for your interest in stewarding our local landscapes.
We are grateful to offer outdoor programs where we can be immersed in nature and community. Healthy activities and the mental benefits of being outdoors are as important as ever. We are working hard to adapt to make our programs as safe as possible. We need your help to keep our programs safe and minimize the chance of exposure to Covid -19. We are complying with California and local Sonoma County health orders, along with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as we plan for outdoor activities over the next few months.
A key element of keeping participants safe directly relates to how individuals—you – behave, during our program and prior to participating. How you behave outside of programs directly affects everybody you come in contact with on a program. We expect that the LandPaths community will take this shared risk seriously. If you, or anyone you come into contact with shows symptoms of COVID19, you cannot attend stewardship days or other LandPaths programs until receiving a negative Covid-19 test.
Please read on below for details on how LandPaths is changing to limit the risk of COVID-19 spread. We are working hard behind the scenes to adapt, be safe and fun for all!
LandPaths programs and events will be different with amazing outdoor landscapes ready to welcome your return or first visit.By registering for one of our outdoor programs, you acknowledge that there is a risk of contracting COVID19 and you assume this risk voluntarily.
The most fundamental aspects of running a safe program environment is limiting group size, frequent hand washing and physical distancing.
On the Stewardship day:
- Groups will have a maximum of 12;
- 6’ Physical distancing will be maintained and masks are required when a 6’ separation is not feasible; and
- When physical contact is required (in case of injury or other special circumstance) between staff and participant, masks and CDC recommended hygiene practices will be used by the staff member.
- Please bring your own work gloves. We will have limited supply of gloves on hand if necessary.
- We will send out a description of useful tools for the work day. If you have any of these tools on hand please bring them for your own use. We will have work tools available if needed that are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- All hand equipment will be thoroughly sanitized between each individual’s use.
- There will be hand sanitizer and a hand washing station on site and available for frequent use or as needed.
- A Portable handwash station is provided on site; handwashing upon arrival and frequent hand washing or hand sanitizing is recommended.
- Your mask will be accessible at all times for when the need to wear arises. Children are not required to wear masks, but we recommend they do at certain times when 6’ physical distancing is not possible.
- As much as possible please opt for phone or email communication to reduce in person contact.
Other Steps to Stop the Spread:
- LandPaths regularly cleans and disinfects “shared surfaces” – including gates, doorknobs, tools, and other group-shared objects
- All staff and lead volunteers will monitor their health for 14 days prior to the volunteer day and fill out a pre-screening health check-list.
- Volunteer participants will fill out a pre-screening health checklist.
- Only pre-registered individuals completing the required Covid Safety check list will be allowed to participate.
Changes to Normal Programming You Need To Know
- Participants must bring their own water, lunch or snack.
- We cannot accommodate late participants.
- Please do carpool within your family group, however we will not be providing transportation nor encouraging any carpooling outside household groups. If you do carpool with those not in your household group, wear a mask.
This is not an exhaustive list but covers the most important elements of our new procedures. If you have any concerns please contact our office via phone or email: Sheridan Rapolla, 707.544.7284 ext 101 or [email protected]. We are more than happy to answer questions and address individual concerns.